Strangely, the hottest food trend in Toronto this summer has been charcoal.
Many restauranteurs have since jumped on the trend, leading to a new wave of innovative and unique charcoal desserts.
6 places for your charcoal fix:
2. CutiePie Cupcakes: 235 Spadina Avenue #2, 416-593-9323
Known for their outrageous unicorn lattes, CutiePie has boarded the charcoal hype train with a charcoal and sesame cupcake!
3. Bake Code: 4910 Yonge Street, 647- 346-3888
Start your day off in North York with a charcoal custard croissant filled with Matcha, Thai Milk Tea, Roasted Milk Tea, or Earl Grey.
4. Wooffles & Cream: 8360 Kennedy Road #81, 647- 281-0487
Specializing in Hong Kong styled egg waffles, Wooffles & Cream’s newest addition is a vanilla charcoal soft serve that pairs heavenly with their egg waffle.
5. Light Café: 23 Baldwin Street, 647-347-3883
You can brunch on charcoal black sesame waffles topped with a house made black sesame sauce at this Taiwanese cafe.
6. Canadian National Exhibition: 210 Princes’ Boulevard, 416-263-3800
Vendors at the CNE Food Building are known for innovative and whacky food creations. The black velvet funnel cake from the Bacon Nation booth served with charcoal soft serve is no exception.
Related: 6 must-try vegan eats.