Enduring long lines for mouthgasmic food truck creations at last year’s Food Truck Fest Ontario while intoxicating aromas filled the air, resulted in your pallet moistening and your stomach sending the signal to your brain “I am hangry!”
FTFO has added 10 more trucks (31 in total) and implemented $6 sample menus so you can try more dishes with shorter lines.
Try a “Captain Crunch Fish Taco” from The Food Dudes for $6 at Food Truck Fest Ontario
6 ways FTFO has improved:
1. New Venue: Moving from Ontario Places’ asphalt to the bigger grass fields of Downsview Park will make for a more comfortable day. You will have the ability to lay down your own blanket to have a picnic with your foodie crew. Downsview Park is easily accessible by TTC and car. Parking is a steal at $10 compared to $25 at Ontario Place.
Known as a prominent festival venue, Downsview Park hosted AC/DC earlier this summer, and is world famous for hosting The Rolling Stones headlined SARSstock. FTFO will be at the same spot, so imagine FTFO as Foodchella- a Coachcella for food!
2. Live Entertainment: Keep an eye and an ear for buskers!
MaracaTall marching stilt band
3. More Food options: Vegans got snubbed last year. This year there will be a plentiful amount of Rawesome options!
4. Be a Foodie Judge: A new Golden Fork champion is guaranteed, as last year’s winner Southern Smoke will not be at this year’s FTFO. Your vote will decide who goes home with this conspicuous trophy!
The Golden Fork Trophy awarded to the peoples favourite food truck
5. Sunday Funday… WINE NOT? In addition to a cold beer, you will have the option to pair your food with an organic red blend that is also gluten free, or a white blend.
6. Shop the Artisan Market: You will leave FTFO with a full belly no doubt, but why not arrive home with some fresh produce for your fridge? In addition to some farmer stalls, there will also be artisans selling custom art pieces, postcards and more!
Go home with fresh local produce form the Artisan Market