With the Pan Am games over, Summer 2015 has already been a memorable one in the 6ix. Sadly, all good things must end. However, don’t fret quite yet- The second edition of Food Truck Festival Ontario is still upon us.
To prepare you and your foodstar friends for the food truck event of the year, here’s our tips to make the most of this summer ending festival at Downsview Park:
1. Pace yourself: With 30+ food trucks at your disposal, you don’t want to be in a food coma after visiting only two trucks. Share your dishes with friends or stick to the $6 sample sizes. View menus.
2. Come Prepared: FTFO is your chance to share memories with those you spent the summer with. Make the most of it by bringing a blanket to enjoy the lush grass fields of Downsview Park and have one last summer picnic with your foodie crew.
Enjoy the lush grass fields of Downsview Park with your foodie crew
3. Enrol in an Eating Contest: Or at least enrol a friend. All you can eat Funnel Cake for 5 minutes! Enrol at the Funnel Cake Express truck. Contest starts at 3pm.
4. Be a Foodie Judge: The conspicuous Golden Fork Trophy can’t be awarded without your vote. Vote for your favourite truck to help decide which one becomes the peoples champion!
The Golden Fork Trophy awarded to the peoples favourite food truck
5. Dolla-Dolla Bills: Food Trucks and the Drinks Garden accept cash only. Come with cash to save time lining up at the ATM, and their pesky service fees.
6. #HashTagIt: Share your shots on Instagram and see what everyone else is eating! Official hashtags: #FTFO #FoodPornON
7. Mouthgasmic Lines: Foodies like you will clamour around select trucks for much sought after dishes. The mouthgasm will be worth the wait, so grab a friend and share your best summer stories while you wait.
Tdots Naansense’s chipotle chicken on garlic naan: $6 at Food Truck Fest Ontario
8. Kidzone kids are free! They will have fun with the corn maze, chalk wall and hula hoop workshop.
9. Getting there: Driving and TTC directions here. Onsite parking is free!
10. Funday: With a host of side activities, be on the lookout for a stilt marching band!